How Maxxcell helps you?
Maxxcell offers complete and precise study material for banking exams. Our vision is 100% success and this shows as we have the highest number of successful candidates who have topped in different banking exams. Maxxcell Institute is the #1 SBI PO Coaching in Goa.
Complete Study Material & Innovative teaching methodology
- Maxxcell offers an expansive and superior study material for bank exams. The Reference Material pack comprises of 8 booklets which are updated with bank exams and other entrance test. With the Reference Material Pack, you also get access to Online Account associated with Maxxcell to equip you for solving online tests and exercises.
- A systematic study plan to help you plan out your preparation better
- Concept clearing classes
- Group Discussion and Personal Sessions by alumni of Top Institutes
- Career counseling by expert with the help of psychometric tests.
Online Test Support
- 84 + Tests on Quantitative Aptitude
- 116 + Tests on Verbal & Logical Reasoning
- 52 + Tests on Verbal Ability
- 14 Online Tests on Computer Knowledge
- 180 + Tests on General Knowledge & Current Affairs
- 14 Tests on Marketing Aptitude related to Banking
- 35 + National Level Mock Tests
Maxxcell has the most-experienced faculty, who will ensure that you will reach your desired score in the Bank exams.
Unlimited Support to students
If there’s any help required we will always be available to help you reach your desired score in the exams.
About SBI (PO)
Now SBI bank PO recruitment is easier than before. Never mind if you are a fresher; Maxxcell Institute Bank exam preparation study material is customized for you to get that upcoming vacancy. Be it SBI or Bank of India, you’ve got just the right study material. Also, know everything about PO exam pattern and applying to the same below.
State Bank of India (SBI) conducts an exam for recruitment to the post of Probationary Officer (PO) for its branches across the country.
- Educational Qualification:
- Graduate degree in any stream from a recognized university or any equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government.
- Final year students can also apply subject to submission of requisite proof by Sep 01, 2015.
- Age Limit:
A candidate should be between 21 – 30 years as on 01-04-2016 for the July 2016 exam.
Relaxation of upper age limit
|SC/ST, Ex-servicemen of military, Domiciled in the J&K during the period 01/01/1980 – 31/12/1989||5|
For more categories, view the: official notification
Test Duration & Pattern (SBI PO 2016)
Preliminary Examination: Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online. This test would be of 1 hour duration consisting of 3 Sections as follows:
|Name of the test||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||Composite Time of 1 hour|
Main Examination: Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
- Objective Test:The Objective Test is of 3 hours duration and consists of 4 sections for a total of 200 marks.The Objective Test will have separate timings for each section. The candidates are required to qualify in each of the tests by securing the passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||35||40||3 Hours|
|General Awareness, Economy and Banking Awareness||40||40|
|Data Analysis and Interpretations||35||60|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60|
The objective test is immediately followed by a descriptive test.
2. Descriptive Test:
|English Language (Letter Writing and Essay)||50||30 minutes|
SBI PO consists of 4 successive stages:
- Preliminary Examination (online).
- Main Examination: Objective (online)and Descriptive (online) examination.
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview of 20 and 30 marks respectively.
- Final selection based on a total of 100 marks taken from both objective and descriptive tests and the GD – PI.
Important Dates (2016)
|Events||2015 Dates||2016 Dates|
|Online registration starts from||Apr 13, 2015||May 04, 2016|
|Payment of fees (online)||Apr 13 – May 02, 2015||May 04 – May 24,2016|
|Exam date||Preliminary Exam : Tentatively in June 2015.
Main Exam: 1st August 2015
|Preliminary Exam : Tentatively on 2nd,3rd,9th & 10th July 2016.
Main Exam: July 31st 2016
How to Apply
Step I. Register and get the registration number and password generated.
Step II. Pay the fee of Rs. 600 (General & Others) or Rs. 100 (SC/ST/PWD) using either:
- Online Mode – through Debit / Credit cards or Internet Banking
- The starting basic pay is Rs.27,620/-(with 4 increments) in the scale of Rs.23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale I.
- The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A & C.C.A as per rules in force from time to time. The compensation per annum at Mumbai is around Rs.8,55,000/-.
The break up of monthly compensation is as under:
|Cash Component||Rs. 36,046/-|
|Bank’s contribution to PF||Rs. 1,690/-|
|Housing (Lease Rental)||Rs. 29,500/-|
|Perquisites (Conveyance, Newspapers, Entertainment allowance, House & Furniture Maintenance etc.)||Rs. 4,130/-|
In addition, the officers are also entitled to other benefits like –
- Medical Aid for self (100%) and for family (75%).
- Home Travel Concession / Leave Fare Concession.
- Concessional Interest Rates for Housing / Car / Personal Loans.