Eligibility for MCA Entrance
- For M.C.A: Any Science Graduate (including B.C.A. under Science Faculty) with Mathematics at 10+2 Level.
- For M.Sc.(Computer Science): Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- The admissions are and will be done in accordance with the Ordinance No. 181 (Ordinance for admissions of students to the Post-Graduate courses in the University Departments/ Institutions).
- In Maharashtra State: Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Mumbai, Pune, Jalgaon, Nasik, Kolhapur, Nagpur
- Outside Maharashtra State: Delhi, Varanasi, Hyderabad
MCA Entrance Exam Pattern
The entrance examination consists of multiple choice (objective type) questions, and covers the areas of Mathematics, general aptitude and English language. Sample questions are only illustrative, not exhaustive. All the questions in the exam will be in English. Time Duration: The total time for this examination is 3 hours.
MCA Entrance syllabus
- Set theory: Set operations, relations, functions.
- Propositional logic: Formulation, deduction, evaluation, puzzles.
- Linear Algebra: Solution of a system of linear equations. Determinant and inverse of a matrix, basic properties of matrices.
- Co-ordinate Geometry and Conic Sections: Equations of lines and planes, vector products; definitions and properties of conic sections.
- Trigonometry:Identities, computation of heights and lengths.
- Differential Calculus: Total and partial differentiation, limit of a function.
- Integral Calculus: Definite and indefinite integrals, solution of differential equations, computation of areas and volumes.
- Series and sequences: sum, mean, convergence, limit.
- Real and complex numbers: surds, solution of equations on complex domain.
- Polynomials: solution of quadratic equations, properties of roots of polynomials with real coefficients, binomial expansion, Taylor series.
- Permutations and Combinations.
- Elementary Probability Theory: Computing probability from combinatorial reasoning, conditional probability.
|Designation / Department||E – Mail Address||Phone No.|
|Vice Chancellor (VC)||puvc-at-unipune.ernet.in||25693868|
|Executive Assistant to VC||eavc-at-unipune.ernet.in||25696061|
|Finance and Accounts Officer||fao-at-unipune.ernet.in||25601301|
|Board of College and University Development (BCUD)||bcud-at-unipune.ernet.in||25698007|
|Controller of Examinations and Certificate Section||coe-at-unipune.ernet.in||25691341, 25601141|
|Examination Section – Convocation||coe-at-unipune.ernet.in||25601142|
|Examination Section – Certificate||coe-at-unipune.ernet.in||25601139|
|Examination Section- BA / MA||coe-at-unipune.ernet.in||25601135|
|Examination Section- BSc / MSc||coe-at-unipune.ernet.in||25601136|
|Examination Section- Commerce||coe-at-unipune.ernet.in||25601140|
|Examination Section- Engineering||coe-at-unipune.ernet.in||25601147|
|Examination Section- Medical||coe-at-unipune.ernet.in||25601133|
|Examination Section- LLB||coe-at-unipune.ernet.in||25601132|
|Examination Section- Management||coe-at-unipune.ernet.in||25601150|
|Examination Section- Verification / Revaluation||setco-at-unipune.ernet.in, setexam-at-unipune.ernet.in||25692527|
|SET Examination Unit||setco-at-unipune.ernet.in, setexam-at-unipune.ernet.in||25692527|
|Development and Planning||pldvp-at-unipune.ernet.in||25601121|
|Public Relation Officer||–||25601191|
*As per MCA Entrance Notification 2013
The above information has been taken from the website of respective university / institute. Maxxcell is no way responsible for the authenticity of data provided here in. For any discrepancy, the student should contact respective university / institute.